Monday, September 22, 2014

09/22/2014

Wow I can't believe it is already the 22 of September. This week went by fast. It feels like just yesterday I was sitting here sending my last email. So in South Africa they all have meanings to there names and they ask me what my name means all the time. Then a member this week looked it up and it said it a motto that is faithful unto death. I just thought that was pretty cool and thought I would share it. Stay faithful Hepworth's haha. They also said in a town near where I am there is a store called Hepworth. I guess it is a clothing store. It would be cool to check it out but it is pretty far away.
We had successful baptismal interviews this week and will be having two baptisms on Sunday. They are both very powerful. I first met them when I had just got here and they weren't going anywhere. I was wondering why we were wasting our time on them. Then over time and visits they became very powerful and good friends. It taught me a lesson of patience in people.
We have been traveling to this pace far in our area and giving out some church material because one of our members works there. There is no way for them to get to church or be baptized but we are setting roots there.
One thing that has kind of been on my mind a lot is families. Families are such a blessing. Up here they don't cherish families as much as we do back home. They pay for their wives pretty much in their culture and the families don't sit together in sacrament meeting together. It isn't to sham bock on these people but I've just realized how much the gospel does bless families. The gospel is such a blessing when the whole family lives it together. Simple things as family prayer, scripture study, and family home evening are so important. Families that pray together stay together.
Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment