Monday, October 6, 2014

10/06/2014

This week was great. It is getting pretty hot up here in South Africa and it is supposed to be getting hotter. Last Monday we had a family home evening with one of our member families and it was so much fun. He shared a message about journals and I need to get better at that. Record keeping is important. We played games and they even fed us which was awesome haha.
Saturday was a weird day. We didn't have much success in the missionary work but I feel like Heavenly Father just won't let us have a bad day he makes it funny. To make the story short we were driving to get some food so we could start our fast and in the middle of the road was just sitting a man. We thought it was weird and laughed. Then on the way back a woman was screaming at us in her language for help. Someone said it was something about her husband. When we got up there it was the same guy in the middle of the road. He was so drunk he had no way to get home and she wanted our help to get him there. So she picked him up and they climbed in the back of the truck and her grandchildren got in and we took them home which wasn't far. It was a random act of service that we just had to laugh about after. The lady was so thankful so we felt good about it even though we weren't supposed to have them in our truck ha.
On Sunday our two baptisms last week were confirmed and they received the Holy Ghost and one of our recent converts from last month received the priesthood. I got sick in the evening so we went home early and I slept. When I woke up I was feeling a lot better. I always feel bad when I have to go home early because the time to serve is extremely short but I figure that Heavenly Father doesn't want us to feel bad while we serve. We must not run fast than we have strength but still serve with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. Finding the balance is the trick haha.
My hero is Jesus Christ. When I was young my heros were the power rangers. I had all the action figures. Then when I got older my dad became my hero. We have spent a lot of time together and had good times. Now that I'm on mission I realized how much Jesus Christ is my hero and everyone else. He has suffered for us. He has died for us. All out of love. That was the most heroic act of all time. May we always remember him like we promise in the sacrament prayer.
Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment