Monday, May 19, 2014

05/19/2014

Another week down! Time is flying. Sometimes I think it is going slow but then I look back and it has been 2 and 1/2 months. I feel like I just got on the plane. This week is kind of a blur for some reason. We had a good week though. Our area is starting to become better. We have been working really hard. The missionaries that were in the area before us were pretty apostate ha. I'm hoping to have some baptism next month. Quite a few actually. Which is getting me excited.

The weather is sucking. It is getting a lot colder. Winter is definitely on it's way. It is not even close to Idaho but my body is already adjusting and I'm running for a sweater when it is like 70 degrees. The days aren't bad especially with the sun but sometimes the sun isn't shining. It is way cold in the morning though. It is hard to get out of bed on time or get out of the hot shower ha. But we do it so we are obedient and receive blessings.

This week was eventful. I went on exchanges with our district leader who is Elder Lucking. We had a good day and taught 3 lessons. We were teaching and as I was talking he was looking for a scripture in the topical guide. I looked over and said Romans 3:23. Which is about sin. He was like uh ya and flipped to it and read it haha. I think it did pretty good with him. I can definitely tell I have improved and continue to improve. The next day President came over to study with us. We made sure we did everything exactly right. He was like this looks like a model companionship study haha. 

On Saturday I had an impression to go see this guy. I stopped and told my companion. We started walking that way and I was just praying that I listened to the spirit correctly haha. We met with the guy who was luckily there. It wasn't really what I was expecting but I was okay with it. We decided to walk to our next appointment. On the way there a lady called us over and invited us in. We taught a lesson to like four people who seemed interested. Hopefully something comes out of our visit with them. But the thing is if we hadn't gone that way to that next appointment she wouldn't have called us over. Always follow the spirit and don't question it. 

Read your scriptures. Say your prayers. Go to church. This gospel brings real happiness. South Africa is awesome and I'm happy to be here. Love you all! 

Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment