Monday, October 20, 2014

10/20/2014

October 20, 2014

I have to say Happy Birthday to my mom this week. I hope she has a good one. Her first one without me. I bet she is going to cry ha. This last week was transfers. On Monday we had a 5 hour drive down to the office and spent the night. My companion got his bag somehow stolen with some very important things in it. He was so humble about it and knew God would take care of him. I'm missing that guy but my new companion is pretty sweet. His name is Elder Olson. He is from Salt Lake City, Utah. He knew the new mission president before he even came so he has got an in haha not really. Our mission president is awesome and trying his best to lead the mission the way Heavenly Father wants. My companion is the DL and he is only one transfer only on mission than me. After the 5 hour drive back up it was dark and we didn't get to work until the next day. He is really enjoying it up here. It really is amazing in Limpopo, South Africa. He is learning the area and meeting all the great people. Just like everywhere else it has it's problems but I love it. I want to stay in this area for this transfer and another. Hopefully that is God's will. We have been having very spiritual lessons and lots of fun. Just yesterday one person we saw was getting her hair done and we had them put a weave in our hair haha. On Saturday we found out that our recent convert named Desmond's little brother died. He was only seven months old. It was so sad but the gospel got to him just in time. We are going to do service for the family this week and go to the funeral. Families are forever. Stay close to the gospel. I love you all. Have a good week. 

Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment