Monday, June 9, 2014

06/09/2014

Well I just finished my last week of training. Tomorrow I will have a new companion and I'll be leading the area. I feel pretty ready but ready or not here it comes haha. I'm a little worried about the first time I get a new companion. I don't want a black one haha. I'm not racist though. I got a long so well with my trainer Elder Saunders. I thought we were brothers at times. It is kind of funny how you have to go half way around the world to meet one of your best  friends who lived an hour away. Everything will be okay though. The Lord's will be done right? This transfer is huge. Every companionship in our zone is getting a new companion haha. I can't wait to see my buddy Elder Worton tomorrow and see how he is doing with training.

This week was sweet. We started it off my going mini golfing on p-day for Elder Lucking's birthday. It was one of the coolest courses I have seen. Throughout the week we taught awesome lessons as usual. On Saturday we had a braii (barbecue) with the Mahhumanes. They are our homies and Elder Saunders is going to miss them. We have a few investigators who are going to get baptized in July. Wendy and these two boys named Dumisani and Xabiso. Good luck trying to say their names. They are sweet. I'm happy to say I will have some baptisms to show my hard work. 

On Thursday we had zone conference and there was like 60 or so missionaries there. It was a fun experience it being my first one. It was sooo long though haha. Like 5 hours. We got fed some killer stir fry. It was our mission presidents last zone conference. He goes home June 30. He is a sweet mission president and I wish he was my president but the new one will be mine for most of my mission. 

I hope everything is sweet at home. My mom said the ward mission leader said that since you have a son on a mission you have to find some one for them to teach. He is darn right! This is a missionary church. I didn't realize it until I got out here. I can be blamed for avoiding missionary work before but I definitely won't when I get back. It is everyone's responsibility. I gave a talk on it in sacrament meeting a few weeks back and I'm going to challenge everyone to help find people for the missionaries. It is super important and it hastens the work. Oh and tracting SUCKS! Haha there is a better way. So get to work peeps. Pray for missionary opportunities. Stay close to the Lord. Love you are and miss you!

Elder Hepworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment