Monday, June 23, 2014

06/23/2014

I'm getting close to 4 months and I can't believe it has been that long. This week has kind of sucked. I don't have much to say about it. I live in a four man flat and all of us got sick this week. I think we came down with some African cold.

We were having some powerful lessons at  the beginning of the week. I was pretty sure we were going to have the most lessons I have had in this area. Then the end of the week came. We all got super sick and had to stay in the flat. I was in on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was the worst because I was all achy. Even today I still feel like junk. 

It is all Adam and Eve's fault because they brought pains and sickness in to the world but if it weren't for them I wouldn't be here sooo ya it is kind of a toss up haha. The good thing is we have the atonement. From Alma 7:11-13 we learn that not only did he suffer for our sins but Jesus Christ went through our pains and sicknesses. We can't sink lower than the infinite love of the atonement. 

This week is going to be much better I hope. My companion and I are getting along good. We teach very good together which is the goal. He isn't as much fun as Elder Saunders was and I get bored in the flat. Not every companion can be ideal and I am greatful for the ones that I have had. 

In about two weeks I will have my first baptism. I am super excited. She is so powerful and definitely knows it is true. Many missionaries have had a few baptisms already this far in their mission. I don't know why it has taken me so long to get mine but I am grateful for the mission I am serving. Stay close to the Lord everyone.

Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment