Monday, July 7, 2014

07/07/2014

I hope everyone had a nice week and good 4th of July. Of course they don't celebrate that here but we did our best. In district meeting we sang the American songs and looked up scriptures where the Book of Mormon talks about America. 

I had a really good week. We worked so hard and it definitely paid off. We taught 24 lessons this week. We found 7 new investigators that seem really powerful. We did a lot of tracting which isn't my favorite but as we went forward in faith we were led to prepared people. I won't tell you about all the people we met but I will as we continue to teach them. 

As we were tracting one day I was really trying to tract with the spirit and I led us to a guy who we taught and wanted to come to institute and I was really excited. Then as we moved on we were walking and we both felt like we needed to turn back. Then a drunk lady called us over and we couldn't get rid of her. Finally we walked away and went to a house in which we got rejected. As we walked out she was standing there with a guy now. He said she tells me you stole her money and I almost laugh. I'm just like you got to be kidding me. He then sees Jesus Christ and I tell him we are missionaries. He just smiles and laughs a little and says sorry guys I will set her straight. It was pretty funny experience. Heavenly Father lets us have a little humor in our work. 

I'm pretty excited for this week because I'm going to have my first baptism. Her name is Wendy and we met her when I was about two months in and I have taught her everything and she is now getting baptized. She is really powerful. We taught her the word of wisdom yesterday and tithing or it was more like she taught us. I'm excited for here and so is she except she is a little nervous. 

Missionary work is awesome. I just reached four months this last week and I can't believe it. I am having a great time out here. I'm finally getting used to everything including teaching. Have a wonderful week everyone. 

Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment