Monday, August 18, 2014

08/18/2014

In two weeks about I will have been out for 6 months and that seems pretty crazy to me. We had a good week. Well it didn't start off that way. My companion was sick on Tuesday and we had to stay in. I don't know if I'm cursed but either I or my companions always get sick. The cool thing is that the senior couples made us chicken noodle soup and brought it over once they heard that he was sick.
 
After he got better we got to work. It was a slow week because I wasn't pushing him too hard. On Saturday we had a helping hands activity where we build a playground for a school. It was a great experience but the lack of construction equipment was killing me. All I could think the whole time was my dad and I could have this done in like an hour. We had to do it the old fashioned way and use shovels. We definitely made an impact on that school and I'm sure they appreciated it.
 
On Saturday night it rained an on Sunday. Not many people came to church because of the rain. Like only a few have cars and some walk really far. It is funny how we can take the things we have for granted. Church was good though and I'm always tired after we have our lunch appointment because I'm used to the Sunday nap but we push through it. No rest for the righteous missionary either I guess.
 
On this coming Sunday we are having two baptisms which is exciting. Our zone leaders came up on Friday to do the interviews and the one that went with us is a funny guy from Austrailia. One is a 16 year old boy named Desmond who is awesome. The other is a 9 year old girl who her mother is a convert and is super strong. We will find out this week who is baptizing them and it would be cool if it was me. There are a lot of less actives in this area so we are working with the branch on that. There is a ton of work to be done and we are doing it up here in Limpopo, South Africa. I hope everyone has a good week. I keep you all in my prayers. We are sure lucky to have this blessing of the gospel in our lives. I'm so happy that I get to share it with others.
 
Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment