Monday, July 13, 2015

07/13/2015- 5 BAPTISMS AND ELDER HEPWORTH AND ELDER WORTON - FRIENDS FROM HOME

ELDERS HEPWORTH AND WORTON - FRIENDS FROM HOME!

 
 
Sawbona,

From the emails I got from my family it was a pretty exciting week. I don't know if it was for you but it was for me as well. This week on Tuesday we went on exchanges with the zone leaders. Elder Clegg was with us and he interviewed our 5 people to be baptized. It was cool because my mom knows his mom. All of the interviews went great. This week included some hard days but what would like be if it didn't have hard days. I think it would be pretty boring. This week because of the baptisms on Sunday I believe God is helping us replenish our teaching pool. We have been meeting a lot of new people who want the gospel this past week. Even members are bringing their friends to church. That is the best way to do missionary work. Every missionary knows that is true. The work is really moving forward in South Africa even though this mission has shrunk. On Friday we traveled to Roodeport where our mission office is to have zone meeting. It is over an hour away so I guess I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere again. Not as much as Limpopo but that isn't our mission anymore. Zone meeting was great. I really don't know many of the missionaries in this mission. I used to know them but they are all going home so that must be a sign of getting old. After zone meeting the assistants went on exchanges with us and yup Elder Worton went with us. I graduated high school with him for those of you who don't know. It was crazy when I got my call after him. We haven't served close though so it was cool to be with him. We talked about home a little more than usual and it got me a little trunky but I'm okay now. On Saturday we looked all day for baptismal clothes for the baptism. There was eleven people in white. 6 were baptized but one was a 8 year old girl.
 
I was blessed to get to baptize one of them and the water was so cold ha. Everything went good though.
 
After the baptism we got fed twice and it was delicious. I love the food here now so I'm becoming African. To finish up I want to mention something that was said at zone meeting. I don't know who said it but they said compared to God we are nothing but to God we are everything. Just take a minute to ponder that. I know that is true and I thought it was profound. Remember always that you have a loving Heavenly Father. I love you all. Have a lekkar week.  

Elder Hepworth



No comments:

Post a Comment