Monday, July 6, 2015

07/06/2015- SISTER FOKOTO SERVED WITH ELDER HEPWORTH'S FRIEND FROM HOME

Sister Fokoto served in Zambia with Elder Barrett who is Derick's friend he grew up with!

 
 

Happy late fourth of July! I totally forgot about it. I don't even remember the holidays anymore ha. We had a really good week though. Elder Adjin and I are working hard. So much that I sleep like a rock at night. This week we taught many people and prepared 5 people to be baptized on Sunday. One of them even asked me to baptize them which i didn't see coming. They have to pass their interviews first on Tuesday but they will because they are powerful. Tomorrow the zone leaders are coming to interview them because my companion is the district leader and can't interview our own investigators. On Friday the assistants are coming on exchanges with us as well. So I will get to spend the day with my buddy from high school,  I think, or one of my last companions who just became the new assistant. This week we worked our way into a home of some hardcore Seventh Day Adventists. The mother is so set in her church but as we met with her and her children a few times I could see the spirit working on her and them. That is why Moroni included verse 5 in chapter 10: " And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." We will see what happens as we prayerfully continue. The spirit is a marvelous tool that God has given to us. We call it the gift of the Holy Ghost because it is literally a gift. I have enjoyed the Holy Ghost being with me on my mission. Mostly the comfort from trying times.The Holy Ghost is part of the Godhead making him a God. If you realized that you always had a God with you what would you change? I know I would act, say, and think different things. This week I spent time talking to returned missionaries. I really enjoy the stories and hearing about their missions.
Mission changes people. Mission is such a blessing for those that serve, their families, and those they serve. I know this Church and work is true. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and a savior who is Jesus Christ. I have found so much knowledge, joy, and growth from living the gospel and have felt the pain from not. I've seen how much of a blessing it is and I wish we would all use the gifts and blessings our Heavenly Father has given us more earnestly. If you feel something missing maybe you should look here. I know it is for all of God's children. Never forget wise men still seek him. I hope everyone has a great week and I will do the same.

Elder Hepworth

Elder Adjin and Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment