Monday, August 24, 2015

08/24/2015

This week I could say that is was normal. I realized that next week I will have been on mission for 18 months. I don't know if that sounds as crazy to you as it sounds to me. Mission is a great experience. I won't be able to admit it was the best two years but I can say that it was the most difficult, rewarding, and best decision that I have ever made. I don't know anything else that can change someone more than serving a mission. We have seen it countless times of people coming back changed but when it happens to you in becomes a testimony. This week I felt the spirit as I avoided stressing and desired to do what the Lord would have me do. Every week we have multiple challenges but one rewarding lesson or spiritual experience makes it all worth it. A lot of the time I forget that I'm in Africa serving a mission. Life tends to pass us by to quickly when we are enjoying it. Time is one of the most precious gifts God has given us. He allows us to use it the way we want to. My mind recalls the scripture in Joshua which says choose this day whom you will serve...but for me and my house we will serve the Lord. It is my prayer that we may not get caught up in the world and use our time on to many worldly things when we are here for a purpose. It is easy to get caught up in the world but it is never worth it. We have to focus on the light. We have to focus on the savior. I'm grateful everyday for the life I have and the people and things I have in it. May we all take some time to look heavenward and say thy will be done. Elder Russell M. Nelson said the Lord's way is the only way for us to experience enduring happiness. Have a blessed week everyone.

Elder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment