Monday, September 28, 2015

09/28/2015- TWO BAPTISMS and EMERGENCY TRANSFER

Okay well this week has been interesting. It started off pretty harmless. We had a good P-day and on Tuesday we had interviews with our mission President which are always good. Then on Wednesday three of us in the district got sick and the zone leaders were coming to do our baptismal interviews. Three of us stayed home and the others went to Khutsong. They passed their interviews and the baptisms went great.
Leonard, Elder Hepworth, and Selo

Leonard and Selo's Baptisms

On Thursday and up until now I am still sick and I'm sick of being sick. On  Thursday it was heritage day here in South Africa so for our heritage we had a good old American BBQ. It was pretty awesome until I got a call from mission President. In the mission field their is this thing called an emergency transfer or ET. Long story short I'm leaving Khutsong just like that in the middle of the transfer to go help another missionary. I wasn't ready to leave Khutsong but I'll go where he wants me to go. I hate saying goodbye though. It is amazing to serve in South Africa but it is very far away from home and will be difficult to visit.  I feel a little nervous for my new area because I'm going to my first town area. I have been in township my whole mission and haven't taught one white person ha. Life is full of surprises and opportunities I guess. One thing I have learned is to go into things more positive. Over my mission there has been times when I felt like this sucks and then come to find out I love it two weeks later. Life is meant to be spent in joy. Men are that they might have joy so be happy. I love you all.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment